Lathlain and Carlisle residents in WA will soon be enjoying a new community park with the recent announcement and confirmation of funding from Lottery West and Town of Victoria Park and an innovative design by REALMstudios.
The announcement featured on Channel 7 News and The West on Friday 11th August.
REALMstudios have been commissioned by the Town of Victoria Park to develop concepts and a schematic design for this new community park located on the former Carlisle Bowls Club site and existing Tom Wright Reserve.
The project was steered by close community involvement via a Community Reference Group that involved a Participatory Budgeting process to determine not only wants & needs but prioritisation of available funds.
Working closely with TPG’s consultation team REALMstudios developed a design response that the community feel they own and result we are all happy with.
The design is a response to community values and desires for:
- Historic references – celebrating the former bowling club use;
- Ecological functionality – a native and botanically rich parkland;
- Community access and functionality; BBQ facilities, Shelters, Multi-use courts, Toilets and Play area;
- Canopy and shade – areas of respite and nurture;
- Equity in provision of amenities (on and beyond the site);
- A major Universal access and ‘nature’ play ground;
- Safety and security – lighting and good sight lines.
Watch the 7 News clip here.